Your Character is the Hero, commanding troops on the battlefield. If his Life is reduced to 0 in a battle, the hero and all creatures it summoned are removed from the fight, so it is essential to build your Hero up and protect him.
At the start of the game, you can choose a name for your character freely or pick one via the random name generator. After the first few fights, you will have to choose one of the 4 Classes that decide which skills you can use. You can see your Character portrait and some basic Information in the upper left corner of the main screen. More information can be found in the character screen, which you can access by clicking on the Hero icon on the bottom of the town screen.
Your inventory will be shown on the right side as soon as you open the character screen. When you receive items that contain rewards, such as gift packs, you will have to open this screen and double ckick on those items to open them. Furthermore, the page to the right will show you more useful information about your character.
The starting attributes of all heroes are the same:
- Vitality is your hero‘s life
- Fortitude influences your creatures‘ block rate
- Valour influences your creatures‘ critical hit rate
- Expertise influences your hero‘s critical hit rate, as well as the Mastery of skill cards (ie. The chance that the card has of returning to your hand after use.)
These stats increase slightly with each hero level, but can be modified by equipping your hero with gear.
The 4 basic pieces of equipment are the cloak, headgear, armour and weapon:
- headgear is connected with your hero‘s critical rate
- armour with your hero‘s vitality
- weapon with creature critical hit rate
- cloak with creatures‘ block rate.
Once you advance in the game, you may find other useful equipment like jewellery that will strengthen your hero further.
You can learn more about how to improve your equipment in the Blacksmith page.